welcome
Dragon Age: Absolution is an alternate universe RPG based on BioWare's video game and novel series. DA: Absolution is rated 18+ for mature content, and played in a highly literate third-person perspective. All DA concepts and pictures belong to Bioware and their respective artists.

Please register with proper capitalization and your character's full name.

updates
10.5 - Absolution is open, active and welcomes you! What has changed in the past few months? A civil war has started in Ferelden! Seekers have arrived in Kirkwall, and tensions are higher than ever. And pirates? Come, join the fun!
staff

stats
WARDENS
4 male
4 female
CHANTRY
3 male
5 female
APOSTATES
3 male
3 female
CROWS
2 male
1 female
NOBLES
1 male
0 female
FREELANCERS
2 male
1 female
UNALIGNED
0 male
1 female
DALISH
0 male
2 female
QUNARI
0 male
1 female
Quote of the Week-

❝There has yet to be a thing that I have wanted that gold cannot buy. Drink. Food. New armour. New blades. Boys. Girls. Gold is what makes the world turn, princess, whether you want to admit it or not."
Orion Stormborn[src]

Add Reply
New Poll

Quote Of The Week
romana
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 02:30 PM
340 posts
Admin
Group Icon

Quote of the Week!
Witnessed an epic speech, a chilling threat, or inspiring oratory? It might just be a Quote of the Week!

How It Works

This thread acts as a queue of sorts. Post a quote below and add it to the Quote of the Week queue. Should a quote has more than one nomination, it is automatically chosen to be the next Quote of the Week. Otherwise, winning quotes are picked at random from the list of prospective candidates. Happy quoting everyone!

Please make your nomination here, using the following code within a standard posting template.
CODE
[i]Quote Nomination Goes Here[/i] |  [b]Character Name[/b] <br> [url=Containing thread's URL]Containing thread's name[/url]

Rules

One. You must have an OOC (out-of-character) account to nominate, and vote, for a prospective Quote of the Week.

Two. A nominated quote must be verbal. Ie, not internal monologue, nor descriptive.

Three. There is NO restriction on a verbal quote content. The board's advisory rating is 18+, thus sexual references and profanities are permitted.

Four. There is NO date limitation. A nominated Quote of the Week can come from any IC post, made at anytime!

Five. You may nominate a maximum of two quotes a week.*

Six. You can not nominate a quote made by one of your own characters.*

Seven. Don't nominate the same quote twice, if it has been nominated it will be shown eventually. However if a quote is nominated more than once by different people, it will be bumped up the list.

Eight. At their own discretion, staffers reserve the right to reject a nomination, or a winning quote of the week.

Nine. No political nominations. E.g. just for characters you like, RPers you like, et al. Staff can't regulate this, so please don't do it!

Ten. Have fun!

* - Addendum — [Staffers are not subject to these restrictions, as such they may use their discretion to nominate quotes from which ever characters they deem appropriate, and exceed the limit on two nominations per week.]

Previous Quotes of the Week

#1 - "We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment...and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly""

#2 - "The weak are meat... and the strong do eat, Mistress. In my youth, I killed my brother in training. Were he strong, it would be him you lean on now... but he was not."

#3 - "TBD"

TBD

PMEmail
^
Azureth
 Posted: Nov 1 2014, 06:11 PM
121 posts
mod
Group Icon

Nomination time! With accompanying explanation rambles.

The first quote I picked, is some Avvar badassery, which has stuck with me since I first read it. In the context of the thread, it was honestly one of those moments inspiring actions such as jumping out of your seat and cheering on the hero. Which I totally did not do...

"Haakonhold don't die easily, you little shite! And neither does its rightful chieftain!" | Niall ar Brenna O'Haakonhold
Mists Of The Veil

The second, is what I thought to be upon reading, the quintessential Crow attitude spoken by Absolution's original (and ever fabulous) crow.

"There has yet to be a thing that I have wanted that gold cannot buy. Drink. Food. New armour. New blades. Boys. Girls. Gold is what makes the world turn, princess, whether you want to admit it or not." | Orion Stormborn
Business and Pleasure

PMGTalk
^
romana
 Posted: Nov 11 2014, 05:11 PM
340 posts
Admin
Group Icon

Right. So since it's fairly quiet at the mo, I've gonna go ahead and make a few nominations of quotes going a fair way back, from characters active and not so active, and especially for those who have not yet seen nominations. That final point aside, the quotes I have picked of a quality I think worthy of this QotW so there nomination is not simply because they've not been nominated yet, only that I have found them because I was looking for awesome quotes from characters i've not seen nominated yet! And I rather think I succeeded!

"In Orlais, I believe they call this the wolf's wedding. Isn't that strange? Do they watch wolves mating, I wonder?" | Kyler Payne
Not Even the Half of It

"If I had time to waste this lax boy wouldn't be the only Templar to face this fate. This is a city of depravity and corruption, and for it to be cleansed it may have to have the heart cut out. Perhaps then you will find redemption." | Charlotte de Valois
A Hunt of Sanctity

You expect the worse of us all, you condemn us for the mistakes of others. Surely now the Grand Cleric will see... this? this is what you have caused. This is what you have reduced us to. | Anders
Justice is Served

"I'm not one for making promises I can't keep. Lying is not a specialty of mine." | Adrienne l'Angewyn
Business and Pleasure

"Of all Thedas's annals, the ardent I eat, Both friend and foe, I feast on the famed, Yet pity the petty, prey they are not. I am the kindliest kin of fierce dragon-kind, Even they my fare, mere food when famished. With malice absent storied mayhem I make As wordless I wander amongst the noteworthy, Wise riddler's ruin and word-wright's bane, Scourge of scholars yet scholar myself. Nourished by wisdom which I witlessly waste, With ease I escape the unwary eye." | Sigfrost (Niall ar brenna)
The Mists Of The Veil
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skin by lauz of shine and candyland couture.